Suffering from recurring headache pain is no fun. It not only affects the individual, but often affects their family as well. Find out why many Americans are taking the natural approach to combat recurring headache pain. There are an estimated 45 million, Americans that suffer from severe, recurring attacks of migraine and tension headaches. They spend upwards of $400 million each year on over-the-counter and prescription drugs in their search for permanent relief. For some, the medication works. Unfortunately for many, the relief obtained is temporary at best. A cycle of headaches and medication often occurs without any lasting relief found. If you think this describes your pain, then there is good news for you.
Recent studies link headache pain at the University of Maryland, found a connection to nerve irritation. Muscle contractions interfere with the sensitive fibers at the base of the neck that lead to the brain and spinal cord. This muscle tension often plays a contributing factor to headache pain. Another study, conducted by Dr. Wight, found that the vast majority of migraine headache sufferers had misalignments of the spinal vertebrae in the neck that were placing pressure on the spinal nerves. Our treatment of headache pain is two-fold:
- Remove pressure on the nerves caused by spinal misalignments
- Reduce tension in neck muscles to minimize nerve pressure due to tight muscles
This strategy works for many headache sufferers, not only in our office, but also in several studies. One such study,conducted by the government of New Zealand, found that the majority of people who suffered from spinal misalignments had their headaches relieved or their condition improved through chiropractic care. In follow-up studies of the same patients, it was found that many were still without recurring headache pain two years later. Of course, not all headaches can be helped with chiropractic care. If Suffering from recurring headache pain is no fun. It not only affects the individual, but often affects their family as well. Find out why many Americans are taking the natural approach to combat recurring headache pain.There are an estimated 45 million Americans that suffer from severe, recurring attacks of migraine and tension headaches.
If you suffer from persistent migraine or tension headaches, you owe it to yourself to come to our office for a you suffer from persistent migraine or tension headaches, you owe it to yourself to come to our office for a no-obligation consultation. If we can help you we will tell you. If not, we can refer you to another health care professional that can. Take this quiz above and bring it with you to our office for your health evaluation.
Take this quiz above and bring it with you to our office for your health evaluation. Nerve irritation is the leading cause of headache pain for many sufferers.
1. Do you experience tightness or tension in the base of your head or neck?
2. Have you ever been involved in a motor vehicle accident?
3. Does your pain affect your mood or attitude?
4. Do you sleep on your stomach or lay in a position that twists your neck?
5. Does your work or life cause you stress and tension?
6. Do you find over the course of the day that you are in one position for long periods of time? (Examples: computer work, assembly line work, or on a phone)
7. Do you get a headache at least once a month? Or more?
8. Are you taking more than two aspirins, advil, or tylenol a month for headache related pain?
9. Do you feel at times you don’t have enough energy to do the things you want in your life?
10. If there was a way to improve your health and live life to its fullest, would you want to?
If you answered YES to any of the above questions you may have a condition that can be helped by our Doctors. Call us at 770-922-2556.